Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Money in the Bank


So my roommate asked me if he should take all of his money out of Washington Mutual when it was bought by JP Morgan Chase last Friday. I hesitantly said up to $100,000 of his money is safe, repeating the goverment's promises that I don't even believe.

I then stopped by my branch of 'formally known as Washington Mutual' at 5:30am on Monday on my way to work and all three of the ATMs told me they were not able to give me money. Good thing I had my 'emergency' $20 bill in my bag or I would have had trouble making it to my job.

These are crazy times and it scares the excrement out of me that I have to trust the Bush Administration to make it right. If Obama wins in a month and a half, he is going to be handed a worse situation than George senior left Bill Clinton. At least we saw Clinton steer that mess back into health, which gives me hope.

No comments: