Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tears to my Eyes

It brought tears to my eyes and I'm filled with hope and optimism toward my fellow Americans after viewing the inauguration yesterday and the actions and reactions of those present. I wasn't sure how my fellow country people really felt about the last eight years of secrecy, torture, spying, multiple wars, division and downright corruption of the Bush administration.

But for the first time in a long time, I am optimistic again. When I turned on NPR this morning to hear the newscasters say, "President Obama..." this and "President Obama..." that, I felt that we can start on the long road of healing this extremely damaged country, and hopefully our dignity in the world community. Thank you to the 52% of my country people who voted for this change.




video from Salon.com

No comments: