Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hatred and Ignorance in America



Could this be McCain's final Hail Mary? Or, could McCain/Palin stoop any lower? Pure skulduggery. Pure Karl Rove politics. I wonder how many of my Republican friends and family are proud of this?

From the BBC.com (top story from the America's section)
McCain in 'hatred' war of Words

Republican presidential candidate John McCain has become embroiled in a war of words with racial undertones after clashing with a civil rights icon.

John Lewis accused Mr McCain's campaign of "sowing hatred" against opponent Barack Obama and said he was reminded of 1960s segregationist George Wallace.

Mr McCain, who recently said Mr Lewis was one of his most admired Americans, called the reference "beyond the pale".

from Democracy Now!

Study: Nearly All of McCain’s Ads Now Negative

In campaign developments, a new study has found that nearly 100 percent of John McCain’s recent campaign advertisements have been negative. The study by the Wisconsin Advertising Project at the University of Wisconsin examined campaign ads during the week of September 28 through October 4. During the same period, 34 percent of Barack Obama’s ads were negative. On Thursday morning, the McCain campaign issued its first ad tying Obama to the 1960s militant Bill Ayers. During a campaign stop later in the day, McCain accused Obama of having a “clear radical, far-left, pro-abortion record." Senator Barack Obama criticized McCain’s approach during a campaign stop in Dayton, Ohio.

Sen. Obama: “I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but they’re not—they don’t seem to want to talk about the economy. They want to talk about me. And his campaign actually said this. I quote them: they said, ‘If we keep talking about the economy, we’re going to lose.’ Well, I’ve got news for John McCain. This isn’t about losing a campaign; this is about Americans here in Dayton who are losing their jobs and losing their homes and losing their life savings. It’s about young people losing hope and losing direction.”


2 comments:

James said...

That's because negative campaigning is effective. And where's the video of democrat protestors calling for Palin to be stoned?

Do we know that these people are McCain supporters? Could they be plants to foment trouble for the McCain camp? How deep is your reporting here, Morgan?

The Professor said...

Hey James,

Thanks for the comment, I think. A bit aggressive?

Send me the footage of Obama fans calling for Palin to be stoned. The McCain supporters video is ALL over the news; never heard of the 'stoning' incident but I'd be happy to post it if you can send me a link.

Plants? That is a bit conspiracy theory like. Have you seen the video? Do you really think they are plants?

I state clearly that this is not 'reporting.' I am bringing other peoples news to my readers with my commentary. If I find anything to be untrue, I will print an apology and correct it. I do research thoroughly.

Thanks for reading.