Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Return to Our Constitution?


According to my conservative email group, a new one dollar coin is being distributed in the USA without the phrase "In God We Trust." If true, and I seriously have my doubts, then I am ecstatic. It's hard for me to believe that under a Bush government, the people in charge would finally follow the law of this land and separate church and state on our currency.

I'm not sure why these conservatives hate our Constitution, our Supreme Court and Thomas Jefferson so much. George Bush seems to have done his best to ignore or destroy this foundation of our great nation but George Walker and his cronies are on their way out, finally.

The conservative email asks its followers to reject these coins. If you support our Constitution and the foundation the United States was built on, embrace the new one dollar coin. Show these splinter religious fanatics that have taken over the GOP that Americans love the country our forefathers built for us.

No comments: