Sunday, October 19, 2008

Why does a Smart President Scare Conservatives?

I'm on a conservative email list and I received this image this morning with the text:

Are You Packed Yet?
Canada's readiness preparedness plan...November 2008

This cracked me up for so many reasons. First, I guess Republicans are accepting that Mc$ame/Palin are done.

Second, I was laughing out loud because Canada is so much more liberal than the USA (don't tell the conservatives, let them find out after they move).

Third, I imagined our country minus the people who are responsible for the nightmare of the last eight years:

Iraq
Abu Graib/torture
WMD
Katrina mess
warrentless wire tapping
Stock Market crash
Alberto Gonzolas
Florida elections
Dick Cheney
Karl Rove
Donald Rumsfeld
surplus to gigantic debt
4185 of our soldiers dead in Iraq
signing statements
our plummeting reputation around the world
health care crisis
end of the American dream (remember the American Dream? Summer home, boat, two cars, a JOB...)

But then I realized that some of my favorite cities such as Montreal and Vancouver would be full of Bush supporters and I stopped laughing.

No comments: